This will be a virtual role
What will you do
The Operations Claims Specialist is part of our Building Solutions business at Johnson Controls. Under general direction, works in concert with the Claims Analyst and Claims Consultant to ensure consistent delivery of services and assure customer expectations are being met as well as internal financial commitments. Responsible for Claim Status Reporting trend analysis along with recommendations on analysis of construction documents (i.e. certified payroll analysis, continuous improvement of process documentation, schedule collection and verification). Proactively track time horizons and claim deadlines to keep the Claims Consultants focused on client triage, recommending and implementing solutions where appropriate.
How will you do it
- Provides support for Claims Consultants and ensures completion of all phases of the Claim Process.
- Identifies issues and recommends solutions to the appropriate. Provides recommendations on process changes, etc. as appropriate.
- Participates in monthly Claims Status and Staff Meetings. Conduct "Claim Peer Review Meetings", identifying areas of weakness in (Executive Presentations, Contractual Defenses, Developmental Planning, Actual Execution Storybook and Methods of Quantum).
- Serve as Publisher and Editor of the team's affirmative claims.
- Initiates research and follow up on fact gathering, document retention and e-discovery.
- Provides feedback to Director of Construction Claims and Claims Consultants as appropriate.
- Owns, maintains and ensures the integrity of the team's project data for purposes of forecasting, scheduling and staffing. Serves as the team's data historian.
- Based on the recommendations of the Claim Consultants, develops and facilitates the appropriate Project Management training.
- Prioritizes work activities based upon financial impact to desired business goals and outcomes.
What we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Business Administration, Finance, and/or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Two to three years' experience in the construction industry/contracting business performing similar contract and project management functions.
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Ability to effectively represent JCI and communicate with clients at varying levels.
- Demonstrated proficiency to simultaneously handle a large and diverse number of projects and issues with tact, cooperation, and persistence.
- Ability to prioritize work activities based upon financial impact to desired business goals.
- Innovative and conceptual thinker.
- High level of productivity and efficiency.
- Proven skills as a timely communicator, focused on providing customer satisfaction and team building.
- High-level understanding of Fire and Suppression System operations and exposure to cost accounting required.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit .